Re: SSTC Related: Shottky Diodes Unnecessary!!

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Justin (& all)-

With two diodes in parallel and forward-conducting, a very small
difference in relative forward voltage drop will cause a very large
difference in relative current flow.  I don't see how one can depend upon
the faster diode consistently having a smaller forward drop than the
slower one.  Hence the Schottky.

Ken Herrick