Re: OLTC Questions

Original poster: "Jonathon Reinhart by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <TC_Jonathon-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 > 1. How do you make sure your IGBT switch turns off at a primary current
 > zero? I imagine that if you turned it off when the primary current was
 > high, it would blow up. Do you have some kind of current sense circuit or
 > are you just waiting until the ringdown is definitely over?

Terry uses a current sensing circuit to close the IGBTs when capacitor
charging current is zero, and leave them closed for a set amount of time.
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon