Re: Is Black Acrylic Conductive?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Dave,

I have used smoked (bronzetone, lunar gray) Plexiglass on my primaries, with
no problems with the material.  As for black, I think it would be OK.  Black
does not always mean conductive.  I use black Sharpies to color the
white/green PVC pipe that I use for secondaries.  The ink is actually a very
dark purple, and has not given problems.  Black and red Glyptal use iron
oxides, if I remember the MSDS correctly, but are still good insulating
materials.

David E Weiss