Re: whats the largest VTTC?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/17/03 6:57:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Robert Stephen's Coronatron running about 10KW is the largest I know of.
>Rob's website is at www.area31-dot-org, although I don't think there are any
>photos of the Coronatron on the website.  From memory I think there may be
>some coverage of the Coronatron on one of the tcbor report tapes.
>
>Nick

Nick,

although the coronatron uses a lot of power, I didn't think the sparks
were particularly long because it operates on DC which gives a much
shorter spark length for a given input power.  I don't remember however
exactly how long the sparks were.  Oh I just noticed the question
was what's the largest VTTC.  I guess it depends on how "largest" is
defined.  I was thinking in terms of spark length.

John