RE: NST TEST GRAPHS (was NST power test)

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Terry -

I was pleased to hear you are doing similar NST tests that I have done. So
far I have not been able to verify my NST test results. Apparently this is
new territory for most coilers. I was surprised that you did not find that
the cap load on your NST did not show a VA output greater than the VA input.
I believe this was due to your test setup. I suggest you change your
schematic by eliminating the resistance and omitting the ground connection
to the caps. When you add resistance it should be in series with the cap.

Your NST should be a HPF type with a built-in cap, not the added on caps.
The KV voltmeter should be an electrostatic type. Only 120 VAC for the NST
input is needed. Varying this voltage is not required as in Hull's tests.
These changes should give you graphs similar to the ones I obtained. If
possible, measure the input volts (120), amps, watts, and calc the VA and
power factor. Measure the output KV (electrostatic), milliamps, and calc the
VA, and watts. Make graphs with load (uf, ohms) as X axis and VA, or other
secondary variable as Y axis.

One of the many graphs I made is shown at

     http://www.mgte-dot-com/tesla/rc-neon-curve.pdf

An Acrobat printout gives a clearer view than the screen. This graph shows
the VA input and VA output curves when a capacitance load on the NST is
varied from .002 to .014 uf (X axis) and the Y axis is 40 to 200 volt amps.
Note that these curves intersect at an important point on the graph. This
condition is when the Power Input exactly equals the Power Output. Do not
confuse power with energy because this condition with energy would have to
include losses.

My other tests were with combinations of both capacitors and resistors. The
graphs all showed non linear curves of varying shapes. Sometimes the curves
intersect and sometimes they do not. The intersect points are very important
because they appear to be optimum operating conditions with maximum overall
efficiency for a particular type of load. I believe this is something new to
coilers. There is much more testing of this type to do.

John Couture