Re: Relay Problem - Chattering

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

I think you may have an intermittant short in the coil.  Put an ammeter in
line with the coil.  If the ammeter is wildly variable on the high side, or
current is fixed but excessive, it is a bad coil.  A short will pull lots of
current and drop your line voltage.  Also check your contacts.  If one is
not making proper contact, it could cause high current spiking on the coil,
but I think the chatter might be too fast for that.  Check the fan also, as
it's start current may cause voltage to drop far enough to cause the relay
to try to disengauge.

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>