Re: where can i get a 20 amp relay?

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>KC Lites has relays that are supposedly good up to 40 amps.

         What voltage are the contacts rated for?

>I just purchased 8 of them for my welder truck, and they

>cost about $9.00 apiece.  My local auto store did have to

>order them, however.  You could also use a starter solenoid

>or horn relay, but they are rather bulky.

         and the contacts are rated fro 12-15vdc.
         If the application is switching 110VAC, this is
         drastically misapplied.
         (On 120VAC They will likely (appear to) 'work', but
         be short lived, with possible failure in 'stuck on'
         mode....)

--
         best
         dwp