Phosphor Bronze Re: Primary flat wire????

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

>I would think twice before using the weatherstripping.

>To be springy, weatherstripping must be phosphor bronze

>(copper would be too soft),

         ? pure copper wire works fine.  I can't think why
         the strip would be different, arguably more rigid due
         to shape.

>but the resistivity of phosphor bronze is 8.9 times that of

>copper.

         Materials Handbook (Brady)
         gives the conductivity as 42% that of pure copper.

>You may do better with aluminum flashing, resistivity 1.7

>times that of copper, though I can't say what effect the

>Al oxide coating may have on skin effect losses.
         Essentially none:

         The current flows INSIDE the aluminum Oxide layer.
         (Al Ox is a lovely, low loss, insulator....)

--
         best
         dwp

...the net of a million lies...