Re: Negative Resistance

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Your obsorvation is correct, but the resolution is way off. In a negative
resistance anplifier the driving signal must be a negative resistance or at
least neutral current change. The spark gap system is such a large current
enviorment it would be very hard to test. Keep in mind the arc current is in
hundreds of amps and the secondary current is in less than an amp so the
losses are high enough to mask the negative resistance effect you are
testing for.
     Robert  H