Re: New Member

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Welcome to the list Andreas.
This may be the best looking first coil I've ever seen! You must have a
nice source for lexan or whatever material you're using. Beautiful
craftsmanship. Are the toroid insulators (standoffs) capable of moving the
toroid and/or corona ring up and down? Once you get the secondary wound and
all the tid bits gathered and hooked up for first light, you may need to
drop the corona ring down and possibly the toroid to keep the top of the
secondary shielded and prevent premature breakout. These are some of the
considerations to keep in mind as well as the ability to raise and lower
the secondary when tuning in the coils.

Again, excellent work! Wish you the best on incredible sparks!
Take care,
Bart