From: Tesla list
Date: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 01:57:38 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: more newbie questions

Original poster: "robert & june heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Matt: Your voltage is very low,4Kv, but it should work. Connecting your
coil to Power ground of your house is NOT recomended as this can carry high
voltage sparks all through your house,( TV, computer, sterio,) a water pipe
is good and a pipe driven into the ground is even better. I construct
capacitors out of aluminum flashing and 12 layers of 4 mill. polyethelene in
oil. For your first coil I do not suggest this. The Geek group beer bot salt
water capacitors are a good project of low cost and size made in a 5 gal
poly bucket. I use my poly capacitors to handle the high power, but with
your low voltage the trouble is not worth the cost.
Robert H
--

 > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
 > Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 22:07:18 -0700
 > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
 > Subject: Re: more newbie questions
 >
 > Original poster: "Matt by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 > <pickle7-at-surfbest-dot-net>
 >
 > I'm trying to figure out this tesla stuff too, and I decided to jump in and
 > start making a secondary coil, since its one of the most time consuming
 > parts and i had pvc lying around (from the making of my potato gun...heh).
 > I used the mini coil here - http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil4.htm
 > - as a starting point. I'm using a 2" pvc pipe with 30 gauge wire. It looks
 > pretty considering I've never done this before, but I didn't get quite wire
 > enough to finish. Whats the best way to add on more wire? I don't expect my
 > coil to be high quality, I'm just experimentationalizing. And about these
 > salt water capacitors, how would I go about making one? I saw instructions
 > on how to make a cap with sheets of aluminum and polystyrene (or some
 > poly-type-ish material like that). Whats the best way to make one? And one
 > more thing - schematics ive seen say that certain parts need to be
 > grounded. My understanding of having something grounded is that they need
 > to be connected to a pipe or something that goes underground to disipate
 > electricity. But, in the pictures on the previously noted site, the coil is
 > operating in the living room or something. Are the grounds connected to the
 > ground in the wall socket? Some advice would be nice. And sorry for my
 > gross lack of knowlage about this stuff.
 >

 > []
 >
 > Matt Marsh
 > pickle7-at-surfbest-dot-net
 > AIM - SquishyPickle
 > ICQ - 161231703

.
[]  IncrediMail - Email has finally evolved - Click Here