Re: insulating secondary coils

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Forget all this exotic material - why kill yourself over it.  Besides being
almost impossible to find these days, corona dope would be EXTREMELY
expensive to multi-coat
your secondary coil.

Just go to home depot and get some polyurethane finish.  A few coats and
your secondary will be perfect.
There is also orange shellac available at your local home depot which is
what I use on my larger coils.

Dan