Moderator note - things...

Hi All,

Early this week we were having trouble sending messages and you may have
been getting mail bouncing too.  It was an ISP in the list's server chain
reconfiguring their stuff to prevent spammers breaking into their
system.  A noble cause :-))  The problems should all be fixed now and
everything seems to be working fine now.  Thanks to all who reported
problems!  Sorry if I didn't write back, but we were busy trying to track
it down ;-))

I am still getting notes from AOL users wondering why they have not gotten
list posts in the last month :-((  This time, it really IS AOL.  See the
note at:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/AOLproblems.txt
Sorry, nothing Chip or I can do to fix AOL's agressive and missguided spam
filters...  About 80 people on the list "did" use AOL...  MSN and YAHOO
have free mail accounts you can get if needed.  Many many complaints to AOL
seem to go nowhere other than getting many more free months of AOL.........

I have started to store the list's digests in the directory at:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/!DIGEST2003/
In case you ever want to go back and see something.  The last six months of
posts, along with older ones, are in zip files at:
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Archives/

Hot-streamer was down today as I added 512Meg of RAM, replaced a bad floppy
drive, and blew 50 pounds of dust out of it  :%)  It should all be back up
and working now.

The old list control account (twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net) is now dead and is
replaced by this one (teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net).  Golly, I sure am going to miss
all that spam and viruses ;-)))

Attachments sent here or to the list are going to be automatically
destroyed.  Best way to protect against viruses...  If you need to post
something and cannot find a place on the web, offer to e-mail it to those
interested or send it to the hot-streamer-dot-com temp directory
(terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com).  As always, if you see any files attachments that
appear to be from the Tesla list, they ARE viruses.  We NEVER send out
attachments or anything but plain ASCII text messages.

A number of people have been seeing viruses that appear to be sent by
"Windigo-at-gte-dot-net".  It is actually apparently coming from WorldCom possibly
out of Beaverton Oregon.  Seems like a dialup account...  We are trying to
track the specific individual down.   I have friends in Beaverton and I fly
there once in awhile too  >:o))  "Windigo-at-gte-dot-net" is totally innocent
since they are just faking that person's name. Here is the typical full
header info...