RE: Safety of Running Coil in Garage

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

When running a coil in a garage door opener-equipped garage, it's important
to disconnect ALL of the wires connected to the opener box.  This means
that in addition to unplugging the AC cord, you also have to disconnect at
the box the control wires going to the pushbutton switch and safety
sensors, since any wires will act as antennas.  I've added a 3-pin
connector right at the box to make connecting and disconnecting these
easy.  I also tuck the wire antenna back into the box, and coil the AC cord
above the box.

My best spark from my 15/60 powered 4" coil was 60".

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA