Re: Can You Get Zapped by your coil with out being harmed?

Don't do something stupid.

While the spark MIGHT not hurt you, it's kind of like saying that when you
spin the revolver's cylinder playing Russian Roulette, you MIGHT not get
the chamber with the bullet.

As a practical matter, the big risks are:
1) The spark itself might have low energy, but it IS an ionized path (read:
good conductor) and if the other end of the spark is connected to something
"bad" (i.e. the power line), then you might wind up being part of a higher
current/energy circuit than you had planned.

2) RF sparks aren't particularly painful "at the time", but have this
annoying tendency to cause quite deep burns. The frequency of the current
is high enough that your nerves don't respond, so you don't feel it as a
shock, just the heating. Unfortunately, the heating is deep, where you
don't have many nerves.  Net result, serious burn damage, small pain at
first, big pain later.

3) The "startle" might cause you to injure yourself with mechanical trauma.