RE: HV Divider Schematic

At 11:52 AM 2/5/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
>

>The basic design concept shown in Dan's design is basically sound, but I
>have a few questions.
>
>ANSWERS:  The design does use very expensive, non-inductive high voltage
>resistors made by caddock.

Aha.. real expensive resistors (and the capacitors too, since they also
need to take 10 kV)

>The design is rated for 60kV and all components are derated (according to
>NAVSO P-3641A deratings).
>I did make an error in my last post.  The probe is rated to 5MHz not 10Mhz,
>although for my typical
>application (radar transmitters - measuring cathode / collector voltages and
>ripple) the upper limit on
>frequency is only about 1MHz.  The final unit built is approximately 5" x 6"
>x 14" tall and potted.

OK, then, the AC component is very small compared to the DC it's riding on,
so the low AC impedance of the divider won't cause a problem, particularly
if you're looking at a relatively "stiff" (low impedance) power supply line.