re: Etesla6 math questions

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun.COM>

Terry,
       refering to the (beautiful!) plots in:

<http://hot-streamer-dot-com/andrewb/models/models.htm>

If the E-field is the gradient of the voltage, and the voltage is a scalar
field then the gradient is a vector field. Perhaps you plotted the absolute
value of the E-field in the bottom pictures?

We normally talk about the turn-to-turn voltage along the secondary,
implying a vertically oriented E-field in the immediate vicinity of
the secondary. Some of Paul's TSSP work computes the location along
the secondary at which the turn-to-turn voltage peaks, being a prime
suspect region for arc overs. Do your plots show that this is not
the whole picture, they seem to be showing a stronger E-field towards
the upper portion of the secondary - or do we need a finer granularity
plot and the vector direction too to make such an observation.

Pete Lawrence.