From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Sunday, February 02, 2003 6:46 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Safety of Running Coil in Garage

Original poster: "Alan by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<centauri010-at-attbi-dot-com>

Hey,

I've finished my first coil and the sparks are adequate at best. I would

like to experiment with it more, but currently I can only do it at night

because I can't see the sparks during the day. I would like to run it in
my
garage but am worried about damaging the electronics in the house. What
can
I do to be safe in the garage or should I just not run it there? There
is a
garage door unit and a light close to where it would be running. Also,
the
family computer is directly behind the garage wall. So, there's not much

physical distance between it and the coil(about 10-15ft). My second
question is: how big should the sparks be from a coil powered by 2
15kv/30ma transformers(15kv/60ma total)?
There are 11 primary turns, about 1400 secondary turns if i remember on
4.25" x 23" pvc secondary with 27awg wire with a .03 uf 35kv maxwell
cap.

Thanks,
Alan