Re: Fwd: [jlnlabs] TESLA COIL REVISED

Original poster: Christoph Bohr <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello All, Hello Jaro.

I wondered about this fact, too. Some weeks ago I read "man out of time" and I
remember a quote from tesla where he states that "hundreds of turns on the
secondary circuit are not neccessary". But on the other hand he only uses 2
turns as primary, this leads to a reasonable L1 L2 inductance ratio that
translates into voltage gain if I understand this right.
Would be an interesting thing to try, I thought about building a replica of
the big flat coil Tesla used in his Houston Street mabe in an smaller scale
ofaround 2 feet. But currently I am working on other projekts so this will be
delayed until 3rd quarter of 2004. On the other hand this should not be too
much work just for a "proof of concept"-coil

Sincerely

Christoph Bohr