RE: AC grill primary

Original poster: "Daniel Kline" <daniel_kline-at-med.unc.edu>

Popular Electronics had plans for a "Tesla-coil" with a square primary
if you can believe it.

Personally, I prefer a circular primary and I understand about corona
losses,
but I think an octagonal primay would look really nice. I would have the
bends
only at the eight supports and have those points covered with a strip of the
support material. I would only do this on a low-power system, which is about
all I mess with anymore. I guess I should have made that qualification in
my original post :)
Dan K.