Re: new single 833A VTTC

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hmm, okay, this means i have more work to do... i do not wish to accept
needing staccato to achieve a spark length that other coils have done
without the staccato.  Tomorrow i will disable the staccato and work from
there.  Also, i know its hard to explain with words, but how red is
'acceptable redness' ?  I have been letting the plate of my tube just
noticably get a pinkish glow to it in the center of the plate.  At 30bps it
becomes much more noticable, but perhaps im over estimating the level of
redness.  I would like to have this coil running at 22" with no staccato
and perhaps 24" with staccato... that to me would be an accomplishment for
what ive done so far with my VTTC work ;)

Also, do your notes mention the parameters of your setup? mainly the tank
cap as well as the level shifter capacitor?  Im using 2nf and 2uf
respectively.  Oh, and how long could you run at 22" and
non-staccato?  Just so i have something to go by.  Im sure i could push it
for about 2 seconds before full redness sets in, but i have a feeling you
were able to run it for awhile at that power.

Steve

_