Re: Small coil questions?

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 20 Dec 2003, at 8:31, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Kreso" <kreso.bukvic-at-kc.htnet.hr>
 >
 > Affcorse i tried tunning it just wont create good spark. At 4.7 kv 67
 > ma i should get atleast 50 cm sparks. But it aint gonna happen im
 > skepitacal at your 14 inches Dan, also you guys brag yourself in the
 > net but in live it is really diffrent.

I have got 12" discharges from a small system driven by a 5kV 30mA
transformer in the past and am aiming to better it over the holidays
with an improved system. Real life results.
     I'd suggest that it's more constructive to question one's own
approach when the results appear to be out of kilter with those
attained by others.

Malcolm