Re: New SSTC and topology in need of review

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

This is similar to the circuit I have been working on except I'm not using a
transformer to step up the voltage.
My current design (which is the one Steve Ward referred to) basically is a
push-pull MOSFET switch acting purely linearly (not in saturation)
and designed to modulate the output of a MOT up to 500kHz or more.

The circuit works almost flawlessly in linear mode producing a sinewave
output up to 2400VAC -at- 500kHz, but because it is linear, the MOSFETs
dissipate
significant heat.  I'm currently trying to use the same type circuit to act
in saturation mode for a nice square wave output, but am currently having
some difficulties
with the gate switching.

I'm about finished one month of my three month tesla coil hiatus (need a
scheduled break!), so probably in March i'll pick up the many projects I've
left off this year.

Dan