From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 7:53 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Alternate toroid shapes

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hello,

Has anyone done any experimentation into toroid topload shapes other
than
the typical round designs that all use?  Visualize a cross section of
the
minor diameter that is tear drop shaped as opposed to perfectly round,
with
the point of the tear drop facing out.  Are there any inherent
advantages to
a shape such as this, and if so, is the reason no one utilizes such a
shape
because of construction difficulties?  I couldn't find any reference to
toroid designs other than the standard in the archives, and was hoping
that
someone could enlighten me.

Thanks,
John Richardson