Another Tesla technology

Original poster: "John Richardson" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hello,

Anyone reading Scientific American may want to check out the article on
RFIDs, radio frequency identification devices, which are soon going to be
found on all kinds of consumer goods.  They use small receivers with no
internal power source of their own, but which receive power from a high
frequency oscillator that is in close proximity, which in turn induces a
voltage in the device itself, stores enough of it in a capacitor so that it
can send back an identifying code to the transmitter.  Example:  Filling a
grocery cart with items and never having to take them out of the cart, just
push it by the cashier and a total comes up.  Sounds like short distance
power transmission to me, and the whole concept is just another example of
how Tesla's technologies are integrated into every part of our lives.

John Richardson