RE: Capacitor help

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Dan -

Welcome to the coiling world. There is an on-line easy to use computer
program at

     www.mgte-dot-com

Click on Tesla, then JHCTES (Books)
Go to bottom of book page and click on the JHCTES Ver 3.42 program.

Enter
Primary .009 - 5.0 - 3.0
Secondary 1.5 - 1000 - 68 - 0 - 12
Click "Calculate" and you will get 319 KHz - 8.9 pri turns - etc, etc.
The wire is 28AWG and toroid 3" x 12"

If need to change any of the inputs, no problem, because after you make
changes and you click "Calculate" the computer will redo all of the
calculations automatically and give you new outputs that will always be in
tune. What could be easier? The MMC caps are the best way to go. Buy 10 CD
.15uf, 2KV caps and connect them in series with 10 meg resistors. This will
give you .015uf 20 KV, .01875 16 Kv, etc, cap values to play with. Have fun.
Let us know how you make out.

John Couture