Re: Magnifier vs. Pi Network Tesla Coil - ***What are advantages***

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Dan, the first thing I think of as being a major
disadvantage of using a Pi network is the 60Hz primary
current in the streamers. Streamers to air only would
be fine, but when they strike something like a metal
pipe that someone may be touching... Just the added
hazard. But, beyond that, it would seem to have the
advantage of simplicity. Has anyone actually played
around with this mode?

Regards,

David Trimmell