Re: Tried again tonight, still have problem

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 12/1/03 10:36:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>I was thinking a smaller minor diameter to allow the outer surface of the
>toroid to breakout easier, but maybe keep the same major diameter.  Also,
>are the downward arcs originating from the toroid or the upper turns of the
>secondary?  What is the height above the top turn of the secondary that the
>bottom of the toroid is set at?  It could be, I suppose,  that you have too
>much power for your 6x32 secondary.  I'm planning 4 15/30 NSTs using a 8x36
>secondary and a 6x24 toroid, so I'm interested in your problem.
>
>Gerry R
>Ft. Collins, CO

Gerry,

I normally run my 6.0" secondary (27" winding length) at 5 kva and often at
7 kva.  I don't think it could take much more power without destroying
itself however.

Ed Sonderman