Re: Toxic magnetrons?

Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

At 04:14 PM 8/29/2003 -0600, you wrote:

Kind of unlikely that there is actual metallic beryllium in a cheap
magnetron.  There might be Beryllium Oxide (BeO), which is just as toxic,
however, pretty much everything I've seen with BeO has been placarded as
such, although small components, transistors, for example, may not have the
placard on the device, but on the original shipping package.

However, every vacuum tube I've ever seen that had BeO in it had the
warning on it somewhere.