Fwd: Re: August TeslaThon in Fla.??

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

We're holding the 'Thon in Pensacola for a few reasons,

  We have a large building at our disposal for the 'Thon.  We had a coil
running ~11' streamers last year, *indoors*, and could probably fit 2 coils
running 6-7' streamers.  We can run both large and small coils indoors, day
or night, rain or shine.  We'll have some coils that have to be run
outdoors this year just because of the sheer power level and output length
(safety concerns), but most everything else can be run indoors.   You can
also leave your gear locked up overnight, instead of having to pack it all
back up that evening.
   There's affordable lodging nearby, so getting a place to stay shouldn't
be a hassle.  We can run the coils from morning till around midnight
without annoying any of the neighbors.  We've got plenty of 240V power to
go around, also.  Compressed air is available, and there's plenty of
parking.  Pensacola is also close to several other states, so it's easily
reached by other coilers that want to come and see the Thon.

  This year we'll have 2 massive Pole pig systems, at least 2 VTTC's, and
some smaller coils.  Bring anything HV related or simply
interesting/oddball.  We had a Sterling Engine at one year's thon (in
Clearwater, FL), a ~150kV Cockroft Walton machine, James's Super-Rockin'
vertical Toob Coil, and lots of fun!

   It's well worth the trip, even from Southern Florida.   Hope to see all
the coilers and Geek Group members in the SouthEast in attendance!

Shad

>Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 17:10:44 -0600
>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: August TeslaThon in Fla.??
>
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>how about a teslathon in tallahassee,Fl? That would really be awsome!
>
>Matt

Shad (Sundog)
G-5 #1373
The Geek Group www.thegeekgroup-dot-org
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"