RE: Pole Transformer Re-Winding for Higher Voltage

Original poster: "Aron Koscho by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kc5uto-at-wt-dot-net>

Dan,

I have run a 7200 pig at 14400 with no problems. I simply connected 240 to
one side of the primary (center tap to one leg) and it worked fine. Yes, the
transformer is stressed, but Justin and I managed to run a coil at
14.4kv/10kva
with a 7.2kv 5kva pig on multiple occasions. I would give this a shot first,
you have nothing to lose if your going to rewind it any way.

-Aron