RE: Other Pole Transformer suppliers . . .

Original poster: "Dave Halliday by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dh-at-synthstuff-dot-com>

I have some thoughts - of the 20 that you see, how many are 14,400
two-bushing ones???

Also, before I got my potential transformer, I went to Seattle City
light surplus yard regularly and most of the trannies they had there
were originally filled with PCB's or were blown up.  I would not want
either. (the PCB units were being shipped to other utilities in asia-PCB
makes _great_ tranny oil, you just do not want to come into contact with
it...)

Companies that sell new ones may be liable for insurance claims if some
fool gets hurt.  Some tobacco-smoking people were able to convince a
jury that some tobacco-selling companies were at fault for their
addiction and disease, same thing is happening with food now.  This is a
good time to be a lawyer and a bad time to be selling anything to the
general public...  Boeing Aircraft is shedding jobs in the commercial
aircraft market and hiring in the military divisions - soldiers can't
sue if their plane goes down, insurance is a lot cheaper.