Re: Are 833C tubes equivalent to 833A's?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/29/03 11:15:44 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "garryfre by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>I have a VTCC, duty cycle is no more than 30 seconds of a run and I read a
>claim on Ebay that the 833C tube is interchangeable with 833A.
>
>Is this true? I was thinking of switching out my 833A for an 833C if this
>is so, I should get a longer run than 30 seconds since the tube is designed
>to "Handle more power" or am I barking up the wrong tree?
>
>Woof, woof!

Hi Woof,

        The 833A and 833C are pin compatable. The advantage of the "C" is
the ruggedized construction including graphite plate, which means it will
live a lot longer with longer runs when operated at the SAME power level as
you did the 833A. Some coilers, instead of enjoying the extra margin of
safety, will push the "C" to its point of failure also.  The choice is yours.

Matt D.