RE: How to determine three-phase power

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

 > Well I think that the loads are connected to balalnce
 > the power too, that's why I suspected three phase. Why
 > three power lines, otherwise? It obviousely can't be
 > two hots and an neutral.

If there are three transformers, one from each line as you mentioned before,
it is likely 3 phase.  Call your power company and ask them how much it
would cost to get three phase power connected.  It doesn't cost anything to
ask.

Dave