Re: MOTs/MMC

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

Yes Ed MOT primaries used in the way you describe has been used by many with
success from my reading on the list.

The value of C required for primary side ballasting might be rather
prohibitive, 1000uF or so would be needed and resonances at 50/60Hz would
need to be watched I think.

With design of BPS and Cp I think you can avoid the need to ballast with
MOT's

Rgds
Ted L in NZ
but doesn't two or three MOTs (with shorted secondaries) in parallel