Re: Sherline was - Re: Magnifier primary

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

>Makita makes great tools that have never let me down.  "I" would avoid
>Black and Decker like the plague...  Dewalt and Milwalkie (sp) are fine
>though...

That's Milwaukee.  I lived in the city for many years, and even applied for
a couple jobs at the company for internships and after graduation.

IMO, a cordless drill is far more useful than a drill press.  In fact, I
put a nice 14.4V Dewalt on my wedding registry! o:)  (along with a new
Gerber multitool and a plasma globe!)  Not the best for high precision
work, or where the hole needs to be perpendicular +-1 degree, but screws
get tiresome by hand!  A nice cordless drill will set you back about the
same as a nice tabletop drillpress.

I haven't used many cordless tools, but the Dewalt products I have used
have been generally of very high quality, and nicer than the other brands I
have used.  I, too, have no affiliation with Dewalt, and am only passing
along my experiences. ;)

Regards,

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group