RE: SRSG questions

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry
 > Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
 > <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
 >

 > Have you thought about using an ARSG????
 > Seems a lot of people have been using them for
 > higher power coils (including
 > myself, Terry Blake, Ed Wingate, etc...)
 > I personally like them better as varying BPS rate
 > can widely change the
 > characteristics of the coil thus making it much
 > more interesting in the long run.  Plus they sound
 > cooler too especially
 > when increasing the RPMs!!!!
 > Also, universal motors are readily available unlike
 > synchronous motors.

Trouble is, I'm stuck with a brand new 1/2 HP GE
induction motor... and I want to make it synchronous.
I will see if I can obtain an angle grinder (for
ARSGs) for a reasonable price though.

Chris