Re: HV MMCs was Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi Jim,

The cap leads are actually in a spiral.  My 2-D layout drawing does not
show this well at all.  The drawing is just to define basic dimensions.  I
could do an "X" pattern of the small caps to get rid of the inductance, but
that would defeat the "ring" on the outside of the column that avoids sharp
voltage breakout points.  I think the spiral with a large outer radius of
curvature is needed to keep the thing from breaking streamers out
especially near the top.

Since this thing is starting to look like a reasonable HV probe too, that
inductance thing may indeed be a big deal.  I did not think this capacitor
would be a giant project, but maybe a little thought would really be of
great use here!

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

         Terry