Re: Differences between "bad" streamers and "good" streamers

Original poster: "Zagarus Rashkae by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 > Zaragus,
 >          I notice you used MOTs for power, if you
 > still have the MO's you
 > can pull the fans from them and use one to quench
 > your gap. I did this
 > and got great results. I used a squirel-cage-like
 > fan, rather than the
 > propeller-like fan (I had several to choose from).

I use a leaf blower to quench. It's in some of the
spark pics.

 > The other thing is from your pictures the torroid
 > looks like it could be
 > larger, your diameter looks like about 1/2 the coil
 > height, I'ld go for
 > 2/3 or 3/4.

Bigger toroid, coming up...

 > Like someone else already said, 36" is pretty darn
 > good...

I had a feeling someone was going to say that :-)

Thanks,

Chris