"Flyback farm"- need help

Original poster: "Jolyon Vater Cox by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jolyon-at-vatercox.freeserve.co.uk>

Dear List,
I would like to build a "flyback farm" to supply my TCs with extra current.
I have six flyback transformers (aka LOPTS)
salvaged from colour televisions
all with integral diodes and all of them of different.
I have tested all of the flybacks with a 555 astable driven BU506
transistor (circuit diagram shown at http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/Flyback
Transformer HVGenerator.bmp) to determine the most appropriate primary
windings. All the transformers appear to be functional.

My intention is to parallel the HV DC outputs
but I am not sure about how to connect the primaries -will each transformer
need a BU506 to drive it
or can they share a common transistor?

In my scheme the base of the BU506 is driven via 10 Watt 10 Ohm wirewound
and a BD244C PNP driver transistor, switched by the 555 via a 1k base resistor.
If six BU506s are needed I presume that six  wirewounds and six BD244Cs
will be needed also -but is this not an inefficient use of components?

Alternatively -if a single BU506 can be used to drive all six primaries in
parallel- won't the six wirewounds still have to be paralleled to get the
required base current (six times that required for a single flyback) and
wouldn't the 1K resistor have to be reduced 166.6 Ohms or nearest?

Does anyone on the list have experience of paralleled flybacks or similar
as a source of HV for spark-gap TCs as I would be interested in knowing
more about this technique.

Jolyon