Re: Z-Machine Sparkage

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Ahh.  The big pulse network at Sandia.  Good stuff.  I actually got to see
this thing in person earlier this year during a recent trip out there for my
company (Lockheed Martin, who owns this particular device.)  Extremely
impressive.  We will be borrowing time on this device later this year to
test some naval radar and weapon systems and the effect EMP pulses have on
them.  The cool thing about this particular device is that is it being used
in a diverse variety of different experiments and tests.

The Captain

http://www.sandia.gov/news-center/news-releases/2003/nuclear-power/Zneutrons

http://www.sandia.gov/news-center/news-releases/2003/images/jpg/zmachine.jpg