Re: Mag amps and generators ?

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

... I thought I remembered

 > >hearing that Tesla used high frequency AC generator
 >
 >          ..alternator...
 >          8)>>
 >
 > >at one stage?
 >
 >          Yep.
 >          Others went higher, later,
 >          (i've a LOVELY technical paper on one
 > such).
 >          Up to about 100KHz was done later.  I don't
 > think
 >          Tesla got over 10 KHz.
---
Some of his CW generators were capable of producing up
to about 30 KHz.
---

  My understanding is
 > that
 >          he went to spark gap methods because
 > alternators
 >          could not go high enough.
---
Yes.The machine parts starts to fly apart.
---

   Also, spark gap
 > systems
 >          can be tuned more readily than changing the
 > freq
 >          of an alternator...
---
Moreover ,the output and frequency of the machines has
been hard to get steady even if one has aimed to do
so.Tesla mentions these kind of problems (both in
Lectures and Patents I think)

cheers,
Boris