Re: MOT Power Supply Questions

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

 > 1.  I am going to use 4 identical MOTs wired in series.  Does anyone have
 > the proper hook-up diagrams for doing this "the best way."  I assume we
want
 > to wire the middle two MOTs referenced at ground and then have only one
 > transformer at either side floating at 2400VAC.
This was my method worked well for me. Have run  up to 6MOT's this way (3
per side)

 > 2.  Regarding current ballasting, what is the current trend.  Do we remove
 > all shunts from the MOT or can the MOT with the shunts still installed
give
 > us the current we need. (oil submersed)
I left my ballasting in and added more primary inductive externally and used
PFC. I'm aware some have run MOTs Without ANY bllasting looks like it works
either way

 > 3.  These MOTs will be submersed in mineral oil.  What type of enclosures
 > (readily available) have you guys had luck with?  Anything off the shelf
 > that works extremely well???
Many options , I used 6" PVC downpipe, works well for me. One MOT per
container. Used endcaps on this 6" stuff and sealed the encaps with EPOXY
This matters a lot use lots of sealing goo or the oil will get out

Best
ted L in NZ