Re: Ball Lightning - Easier than you think . . .

Hi David,

On 27 Sep 2002, at 21:39, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>

> OK, Dan,
> Now you've got our curiosity going!  Can you pick these guys' brains and
> get some rough sketches of a setup that would do this?
> Dave
>
> >Basically, they've created it using high power microwave sources (2-3 GHz)
> >coupled to a specially designed waveguide cavity in such a way that the
> >microwave energy created some sort of interference mode in the cavity to the
> >point where plasma was created.  I didn't really ask about specifics as we
> >had lots of radar stuff to talk about, but they said that it was so easy to
> >do, that one could do even do it with an old microwave oven and some copper
> >mesh.

People on the old usa-tesla list were producing plasma balls in
microwave ovens last century ;) There was no debate over whether it
could be done. Some carbonaceous material was used to seed the ball.
Problem is, the situation described by Dr Resonance doesn't use
microwave cavities and the like. Or does it? Is some combination of a
HV DC field and a pretty powerful RF field doing the trick? The
observation of what was occurring probably speaks for itself.

Regards,
Malcolm