Re: Magnets

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz
> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <mailto:dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org><dave-at-davidspeckmd-dot-org>
>
> Terry,
> The key is Static vs. moving electrons.
> Static electrons make an electric field, but not a magnetic field.
> Once you start moving electrons from place to place, with an electron
> current, then you get an accompanying magnetic field.
> Dave
>
> Tesla list wrote:
>

>> Original poster: "Terry Fritz"
>> <mailto:twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net> Hi Matt,
>>>
>>> At 05:36 PM 9/28/2002 -0400, you wrote: In a message dated 9/28/02 3:51:11
>>> PM Eastern Daylight Time, <mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>>>     There is no separating electricity of magnetism. Every electron has an
>>> electric field. Every flow of electrons produces a magnetic field, every
>>> changing magnetic field causes a flow of electrons, etc. A detailed
>>> explanation of the interrelationship between electricity and magnetism was
>>> given by James Clerk Maxwell ca 1870, and in every general physics text
>>> since then. Matt D. But, "Static" electric charges have no magnetic field.
>>> Your hair may stand on end and all that to show the very intense electric
>>> fields, but no magnetic...  Sorry, couldn't resists :oD Cheers,
>>> Terry

hmmmmm....

magnets, electromagnets, electrostatic charge fields, emf...

solid magnets ( neodynium etc.) are not electrically charged ( no current flow)
but have a magnetic field
electromagnets have a field too but are electrically ( curent flow) induced
static charge has a field but is "nonmagnetic" but still has some "current
flow" to a minimal degree

we need to seperate the difference between magnitism and opposing current
charges...

magnitism is created by "aligning" all of the electrons spin direction thus
creating a more intense field ( naturally or electrically)  each electron has
its own magnetic field ( a non magnetic item has its electron spin direction in
a random order pretty much cancelling out each others magnetic field to a
degree as a whole)  and when all of the electron spin directions are in the
same direction   wala  magnetic field .

static charges are created by inducing an excess of charges on an item ( adding
more electrons with random spin)

as per the initial post...   if you are using electricity to create a "magnet",
it is an electromagnet with an emf.

as far as emf goes...   its electically induced    being DC or AC...  the
slower the cycle the more pronounced the effect on nearby items ( by our visual
and physical sences) eventually as the Hz increase we no longer "see" any
pronounced effect.

Scot D