Re: Newfound Respect 4 MOTs!!!

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> > Anyone have some spare MOTs they'd be willing to
> part with for ???. I've
> > been scrounging, but in the homeless capital of
> California picking have
> > been real slim!! What line seems to work best at
> appliance repair
> > shops??

> > Ken

The USAF base I was assigned to in the UK had a local
area network, including an e-mail address for
everybody--right down to the lowest ranking Airman.
Among the various public folders was a folder for
classified adds (the barter system was quite vigorous
among the American community over there). Once, just
as an experiment, I posted an e-mail ad that I would
pay $10 for broken ovens and that I would come collect
them. This netted me 3 ovens in 3 days. One of them
was free--the owner refused the $10. All the MOTs were
fine.

Many communities have a little local "free ads" or
"thrifty nickel ads" paper or some similar rag for
local classified ads. Try posting an ad that you will
pay $5 or $10 for dead ovens, and offer free pickup.
This will save many people a trip to the dump and
allow them to get that dead oven out of the
garage/attic/basement.

Go ask the manager of a local hotel or motel if you
can buy his broken ovens. A large hotel may discard
several ovens per year (and they will likely all be
exactly alike--matched MOTs!)

Good Hunting,

=====
Gregory R. Hunter