Re: VTTC help

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Umm, Sue,

Where is your schematic??  The schematic i was always refering to was by
Carl Willis(i think). Also what is this 'blocking capacitor' you speak of?
Im fairly new to the VTTC world.  Also do you have a website or somewhere i
can look at your schematic

I would like to see how that would work without a diode.  One thing i
noticed was that when i accidentally put a bad diode in the circuit, the
arcs were better, then the diode spurted out liquid metal!  In order to run
this circuit with no external rectification, how would i re-wire it?  Here
is my current setup:

http://www.angelfire-dot-com/electronic/cwillis/811acoil.html

I would really just like to make a new coil with 2 tubes and larger pri/sec
coils.  How does one dertermine values for any of the components(i dont need
formulas, but some guidelines)??  What values should the caps have? Where is
a good # of turns per each coil?  Should i use 2 seperate inductors, or keep
the hartley oscillator with the tapped inductor as a primary?

On another good note, i think i can finally afford a variac!!  Can you use a
240v variac on 120v input?  OR should i just get the 120v variac?  would a
240v variac handle more amps in 120v service than what it is rated at 240v?
Also, would 7.5A be suitable for this MOT driven VTTC??  Thanks again
everyone

Steve Ward.