jet powered coil

Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hello all

Surf on over to this web page and check out the Turbo Jet I’m emulating.
http://www.gas-turbines-dot-com/

The Idea is to generate electricity with the jet and use it to power the
coil.
I’m shooting for 1000 watts. We will see…

Hear is my question
I’m designing my own generator that will be able to take the huge RPM that
the turbo spins at. It red lines at 70,000 RPM but I don’t think the
alternator will see more than 50,000 RPM. So if I’m spinning a magnet
surrounded by wire at such great speeds, will the AC waveform be a problem?
I don’t expect it will be as slow as 60hz. I’m wondering if it would be a
hassle for a spark gap design, Or coil operation in general of that mater.
What say you?

Read you later
Josh

Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn-dot-com