Re: VTTC help

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Well, this isnt my schematic.  And this is where you are a better man than
i.  Im very bad at tube circuits, and this is kinda why i started this post.
  I cant find any info on all of those small details of B+ or B- or how the
tube oscillates, and every other detail that you could imagine!  I guess i
could look for some old radio books or something, but does anyone have an
online source that could really educate me about what in the world a hartley
oscillator is??  I really need to start from ground zero, and begin to
figure this tube technology and these very basic circuits.  But every VTTC
site i read seems to be geared towards people that already know what they
are doing.  Dont get the wrong picture about me, im excellent with
distruptive coils, but i feel thats all that i really know.  I feel fairly
competent to deal with the power of a single MOT.  So overall my problem is
in the extreme basics of this circuit.  I really dont understand what each
part does, and why it does what it does.  Maybe if i knew all of these
things, i wouldnt have the problem of needing to copy a design, but rather
be able to design my own.

About the specific question: where is the B+/-?  sorry im even to ignorant
to answer this question!  All i can say is that wired according to the
link's diagram, it works with some 3" sparks.

If anyonw can reccomend a good read about tube circuits, id appreciate it.
Thanks,

Steve Ward.