Re: I've lost my k. Can someone help me find it?

In a message dated 9/26/02 10:03:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> >     I don't see any sweet spots, nulls or anything exciting at all. Arc
> > length appears to be proportional to K until it gets so high that racing
> > arcs occur and corrona starts coming out of all the bits it isn't supposed
> > to.
> >
> >     I get arcs about 60 inches (at 1.4kW) with k at about .19 and racing
> > sparks above about .21.  My observations suggest that K is not something
> > worth tweaking, at least not as important as detuning to compensate for
> > streamer loading, spark gap, etc.
> >
> > Is this consistant with what others are seeing?

Db,

I never see nulls or sweet spots when adjusting the k.  I just
tighten the k until I get racing sparks at full power then I back
off until the
racing sparks stop, and this gives me the longest, brightest
sparks.

John